Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Let's try this again


It's been a long, long time!


My daughter and her husband increased their family of 3 to a family of 5 in February of 2015.  My first granddaughter Hailey became the big sister to an adorable baby sister, Sadie May and a handsome little brother, Liam Raymond.
Gosh, are they fun!  The doctors decided they needed to arrive early as they weren't gaining enough weight.  Sadie May arrived first weighing 3 lbs 15 oz and Liam Raymond weighed 5 lbs 6 oz. They  spent some time in the Neonatal unit of our hospital and then were able to come home.

Although this isn't a recent picture, it is one with all 3 of my Grandchildren in it.  Those pics are hard to create with all 3 of them always going in different directions.




Once I found out that twins were coming, I started to plan what quilts I would make for them.  For Sadie I knew I wanted to use a 'Swoon' block as my starting off point and add borders until I felt it was a good size for a baby quilt.  My daughter said the colours she decided on for Sadie were rose and teal.  Well, I just happened to have those beautiful colours in Bonnie and Camille's fabric collection, Ruby.

Next is Liam's quilt.  I used Fig Tree & CO's Mini Sail Away Pattern and added borders to compliment the colours in the boats.
I backed both quilts with white flannel for warmth and a cozy feel.

I embroidered their name on each quilt to make them extra special and I'm so happy they are used every day.

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you're having a quilty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment