Sunday, March 11, 2012

Taggie Baby Block Toy

 I saw this toy in the Winter 2011 issue of a magazine called 'Quilts and more'.  In the article Scrap Lab,  3 designers are challenged to make a project with a certain set of materials.  Camille Roskelley designed a baby cube which I thought was super cute and as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to make one.  Here is my finished project.

I added the ribbon tags made of satin ribbon and grosgrain ribbon.

As soon as I finished this one which is made using 5" squares of fabric, I thought I smaller one might be cute too.  So I decided to make a block using
 3 & 1/2" squares.  So you can see the difference in the sizes here are both of the cubes below.




I tried free motion quilting on the large cube and on the smaller cube I just did some regular machine stitching.  I love both of them.   I just know I will be making more of these adorable items.

No comments:

Post a Comment