Sunday, January 19, 2014

I love star blocks

 
I love, love, love stars!!  Star blocks, that is. When I see a pattern using stars, I just gravitate toward it.  The stars in the sky are very pretty too, however, fabric stars are currently occupying my mind.  My mother wants to make new curtains for her kitchen and we were trying to decide what we should make.  Mom has some blue fabric that she thought she was going to use in an Ohio Star quilt (see stars are a passion for us) ,but we started cutting the fabric today to make a valance for her kitchen door.

I too, want to make a star valance.  I hope these pieces of fabric will soon be a new valance.  Love the colour blue,  we both do!
 
 
I'm making this valance from fabrics I already had on hand.  One is a medium  blue, although the lighting kind of makes it look navy, the other fabric is a grey with a light blue paisley pattern.  I want the blue and grey blocks to pop, so I'm using white on white tone fabric for the backing and to make the rest of the valance.  Let's hope it turns out the way I see it in my mind.  Fingers crossed!
 
Because it has been snowing here all day today, I'm making a roast of beef with potatoes and carrots roasted on a pampered chef bar pan.  Yum!  Can't wait for it to be cooked. Hope you're having a wonderful sewing day too.

1 comment:

  1. Time for some new pictures. Stars please.

    ReplyDelete